About Cortes Island Vacation Rentals
Cortes Island Vacation Rentals is a registered BC business, and a fully licensed vacation rental management company with Consumer Protection BC.
We offer year round, personalized and customized services to guests from around the world.
As residents of Cortes Island, we are familiar with all of the vacation homes we manage, and are able to discuss each property with guests in detail, to ensure they choose the property that best suits their needs.
Vacation Rental Services for Home Owners
Advertising your property on our website, cortesislandvacationrentals.com, and other online markets (i.e. social media, Tidelines).
We respond to all email and telephone inquires from guests.
We handle and process all rental fees from the guest, including a damage deposit or insurance. We accept payments by credit card or e-transfer.
We collect a professionally prepared Guest Agreement from each guest, to ensure property security, guest conduct, and agreements regarding responsibilities and liabilities.
We are available at all times for guest inquiries, questions, or feedback regarding their current or upcoming reservations.
Available for an on-site meet-and-greet with guests and ensuring the home meets their satisfaction for the duration of their stay.
Ensuring the home is ready for arrival (door unlocked, keys in place for guest use, welcome flowers and card, etc).
Being available on-site and on-call for emergencies and other needs of the guest.
Arranging for the Spring and Winter cleans.
Collecting and remitting Provincial Sales Tax (PST.)
Collecting and transporting annual water tests per accommodation ($75 + GST).
Coordinating the hiring and managing of cleaners, for cleaning the home prior to arrival and after guest's departure.
Ensuring the home is properly cleaned and maintained to standard.
Hiring and managing contractors for exterior work as needed, during the rental season.
Coordinating with tradespeople for repairs and maintenance issues as they arise, during the rental season.
Coordinating between tradespeople and property owners, during the rental season.
Cortes Island Vacation Rentals Commission and Fees
Our fees are commission based at 30% of the rental rate, plus GST. Cleaning is charged separately, as well as any supplies needed to stock the home. There is a $175 registration fee and a $75 annual renewal fee thereafter.
We work very closely with our home owners to ensure the vacation rental process runs smoothly for everyone. We know all of the homes very well and do the majority of the cleaning ourselves, and/or work with our cleaners on-site, to ensure the highest quality and efficiency.
• CIVR will assess the property’s cleaning requirements and provide a budget for both Spring/Winter cleans and for the turnover cleans. The cleaning amount will be deducted from the rental rate after each reservation is completed and the home has been cleaned upon the guest’s departure.
• Cortes Island Vacation Rentals is obligated by Revenue Canada to deduct GST on it’s commission and other fees.
• The property owner is advised to have adequate home owners’ insurance for vacation rentals.
• The property must have safe drinking water, as confirmed by an annual water test.
• The property must be maintained in good working order, as agreed upon when registering with Cortes Island Vacation Rentals. Repairs and maintenance, exterior upkeep, plumbing and electricity, property improvements, and basic amenities such as furnishings, bedding, linens, towels, kitchen ware, and appliances must be kept in good condition, and replaced when necessary.
• The property owner must agree to the terms as outlined in Cortes Island Vacation Rentals’ property owner’s package. These documents are provided to the owner and signed together as part of the registration process.
Candice & Craig
250 202 5861